According to West Bengal Municipal Act 1993 & its amendment a
Municipality or Urban Local Body is empowered to impose property tax to
all holdings located in its jurisdiction. In this respect Assessment
Department plays a major role in generation of Municipal revenue. This
department mainly deals with deed of settlement, partition of holding,
mutation, amalgamation of holdings, financial year wise property tax
demand generation, interim and general assessment. At Haldia
Municipality we have adopted computerization in assessment department
since 1999. The major responsibilities of Assessment Department are as
I.Execute Mutation (Full Mutation (Change of owner) /
Separation / Amalgamation / Addition or alteration of holding), related
hearing, review & Interim Assessment process on basis of the
application received. II.Process General Assessment, General Review
& Review oriented hearing under the supervision, guidance and
assistance of West Bengal Valuation Board in every five years.
III.Financial Year wise Property Tax demand Generation.
- Demand Bill
- Interim Assessment
- Issue of Certificates
- Corrections & Rectifications
Assessment, Interim Assessment, Correction of Names, Mutation
Public forms used in the Department
Mutation Form, Assessment Certified Copy Form
Certificate issued by the Department
Procedure to fill the form
Stated in the Specific Forms
Monitoring Mechanism of the Department
- Collect forms from Cash Department.
- Then Fill up & Submit at our Receiving Section.
- Then Hearing before A.I. & if the Case is OK.
- Party will deposit mutation fees & due taxes.
Awareness Programmes of the Coming Months
Information given to the Local Cable Network regarding Mutation Cases either disposed or pending.
Citizen services provided by the Department
- As normal Procedure quoted in Citizen Charter.
Book Lets/Advertisements published by the Departments
- A Report published only for the Councilors for Board of Councilor’s meeting.
More on Assessment/ Mutation
- Assessment of the Property or its valuation is done by the West
Bengal Valuation Board on the basis of Valuation Rules &
Procedure/Steps to Follow
The following steps to be followed by the Citizens of the Municipality regarding Assessment works:
- Xerox copy of the invoice of the present Municipality Tax and Water Charge.
- The xerox copies of the deed of the buyer and the seller (if required) are to be submitted.The Deed No. must be visible.
- In case of bigger plot under Municipality the xerox copy of the master plan design must be submitted.
- The approved design of plan must be submitted in case of houses bought.
- The conversion certificate of the land and the Parcha of the RSOLR must be submitted.
- If the Seller is selling the land in form of power of Attorney then
that power should be a registered one and the xerox of the same must be
- In case of Amalgamation of Holdings two copies of site plan with its
areas identified with specified colors must be submitted along with the
xerox of the deed and the invoice of the municipality tax. And
declaration must be deposited upon non-judicial stamp paper of INR. 10.
- In case of heir, the Affidavit issued by a 1st Class Magistrate must be submitted along with the proof of death.
- Affidavit may be required in special cases.
- All the xerox copies must be attested by the Councilor of Municipality or any Gazetted officer.
- Valuation certificate will be required in case of the partition deed.
Information required for the Separation:
- Application must be submitted after the approval of the mutation in the Municipality monthly meeting.
- Xerox copy of the invoices of the Municipality tax and water charge submitted till date are required.
- Separate applications are to be submitted for each separate holding.
- Two copies of the Separation design with each room and houses of the
holding indicated with specified different colours and exact
measurement of each must be submitted.
- The signatures of the Owner and the Designer attested by the Councillor are necessary.
- Xerox of the deed of the buyer must be submitted.
Information necessary for new holding
- Copy of the deed of the buyer. The Deed no. must be visible.
- Parcha of the CSRSLR must be submitted. Name of the buyer must be there.
- Character of the land must be a living land.
- The details location plan of the proposed area must be submitted in
the form of Site plan. It must contain the signatures of the owner as
well as the planner.
- If the house is at the proposed area then the xerox of the certificate along with the designed plan must be submitted.
- Xerox copy of the invoice of the municipality tax paid by the
holding number of the house residing nearby the proposed area must be
produced with showcasing the position of the house in the site plan.
In all cases the documents will be collected between 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Contact Person with Designation
Sk. Rajesh Ali